Get to know some cleansing, moisturizing, and care tips that will help progressive products last.
Moderate in the wash
- Depending on the type of brush you have made, wait 48 hours to do the first wash. Confirm this with your hairdresser so as not to compromise the result.
- Wash on alternate days. The progressive creates a kind of cover on the wires, which lasts from 30 to 40 washes. So the more you wash your hair, the faster it goes.
Gain Extra Strength
- One week after doing the progressive brush cauterize or moisturize with keratin. These two treatments help keep the brush longer because they close the scales of the wires.
Focus in hydration
- It gives movement to the threads and seals the capillary cuticles, prolonging the smooth effect. Choose nutritious masks with vitamins.
- Once a week, make a homemade mask. After washing and conditioning, apply honey to the ends of the strands and wrap them in foil with the shiny side facing inward. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse. Then apply a combing cream to reduce volume.
Attention to shampoo
- Wash hair with mild shampoo, preferably without salt. This helps to keep the cuticle from the strands closed. And run away from the anti-waste so the brush does not run down the drain.
- Check the packaging of the pH of your shampoo! Slightly acidic (between 4.5 and 5.5) is most indicated. Alkaline opens the scales and eliminates the product used in the treatment.
- Bet on shampoos and conditioners with smooth effect. They are soft and form a protective film over the wires, providing a long lasting smooth effect.
The dryer is released
- Those who do the progressive want to have the wires smooth without making a brush. But instead of letting them dry naturally, help with the dryer. As the progressive one is a thermoactivated treatment, the use of the heat reinforces the action of the product in the wires. And with that, your smooth lasts a lot more!
- Prefer the dryer with tourmaline. The mineral helps keep the yarn smooth and healthy longer.
Do not overdo the dyes
- If you dye hair, attention. Make the coloration only with a minimum interval of fifteen days, before or after having performed the progressive.
Use this homemade lotion!
- The scalp usually gets oily after progressive. To avoid daily washing, make this homemade lotion: boil 1 cup. (Tea) fresh mint leaves, 1 cup. (Tea) of mineral water and the juice of a lemon for 5 minutes. Let cool. Put in a plastic spray bottle. Apply root to tips on washed hair. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse.
Protect the wires from heat
13. Before drying, be sure to protect the wires with a heat-protected leave-in (non-rinse) cream. This prevents the wire scales from opening and the progressive.